DirtyVelvet

And The RentHead.
Movies, Music, TV.
Reviews and Entertainments.

 
Links
Comments

Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites Conspirators
Un Long Dimanche De Fiançailles
Sunday, May 27, 2007




Un Long Dimanche De Fiançailles (A Very Long Engagement)
Directed by: Jean-Pierre Jeunet
Tagline: -Never let go.
Starring:
-Audrey Tautou
-Gaspard Ulliel



Mathilde (Audrey Tautou) is told her fiancée, Manech (Gaspard Ulliel) died in the Somme during World War One. Mathilde refuses to believe this and decides to investigate, and search for the love of her life.



The film is french (France) and my favorite french actor and actress are in this film (the main ones, obviously) so I really wanted to see it. Finally, I got to see it during my foreign film weekend and it was pretty good. I think I liked it more than everyone else, because of Audrey and Gaspard. But I thought it was a very sweet movie, cute, romantic and it was even funny at times. One of the things that absolutley shocked me was, ok, we're watching, and then all of a sudden out of nowhere comes Jodie Foster speaking french. France, french. Jodie Foster. I had no idea she could speak french. I was highly impressed. Anyways, if you're a fan of Audrey Tautou or Gaspard Ulliel (or both) rent this film, it's very cute and enjoyable, though it is slow at times. Here is the english version trailer, but if you see it, I recommend you watch it in the original language. Then again I am a person who hates watching anything dubbed. I absolutley refuse to watch anything dubbed.










Sincerely,
DirtyVelvet
posted by DirtyVelvet @ 12:30 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 DirtyVelvet Template by Isnaini Dot Com