DirtyVelvet

And The RentHead.
Movies, Music, TV.
Reviews and Entertainments.

 
Links
Comments

Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites Conspirators
Shí miàn mái fú
Saturday, June 02, 2007
Shí miàn mái fú (House of Flying Daggers)
Directed by: Yimou Zhang
Starring:
-Takeshi Kaneshiro
-Andy Lau
-Zhang Ziyi

*A romantic warrior breaks a beautiful member of a rebel army out of prison to help her rejoin her fellows, but things are not what they seem.

I was disappointed by this film. Yimou Zhang had done 'Hero' (Ying xiong), which I absolutley loved. The story was beautiful, the scenerey, the colour, everything was gorgeous. (I've done a reveiw on it, if not, I will post it later). The visuals, were pretty well done, but nothing like 'Hero.' Ziyi Zhang was fabulous, as always. It was pretty sweet, the movie, I mean. I don't think the characters were developed enough, but then again, I don't think they were supposed to. It might be worth a rental, but it's really up to you. It was a good movie, but I think because I raised it on such a high pedastal, coming from the director of 'Hero', it just let me down way to much. I didn't think it was that beautiful, in fact, at times, it was kind of boring. Here, however is a dance (not the best one in the film, by the way) that I love, and it's a beautiful song. Scene is starring Ziyi Zhang. No subtitles, but you don't really need them.





Sincerely,
DirtyVelvet

*From IMDb
posted by DirtyVelvet @ 12:18 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 DirtyVelvet Template by Isnaini Dot Com