DirtyVelvet

And The RentHead.
Movies, Music, TV.
Reviews and Entertainments.

 
Links
Comments

Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites Conspirators
1408
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Directed by: Mikael Håfström
Taglines:
-The Dolphin Hotel invites you to stay in any of its stunning rooms. Except one.
-No one lasts more than an hour.
-Enjoy your stay.
-Don't stay in 1408.
-The only demons in room 1408 are those within you.
-Some rooms are locked for a reason.
-Based on the terrifying story by Stephen King.
Starring:
-John Cusack
-Samuel L. Jackson
-Mary McCormack
-Jasmine Jessica Anthony
-Tony Shalhoub


Mike Enslin (John Cusack) has never believed in the paranormal. However, he has written several books on haunted graveyards, houses, ect. They are all part of a series. His latest installment is on haunted hotels. While researching, he has never found any evidence of anything supernatural. One day he gets a postcard of Dolphin Hotel and it simply says, "Don't enter 1408"Of course, he goes to Dolphin Hotel. The manager Gerald Olin (Samuel L. Jackson) tries to persuade Mike, not to stay in room 1408, stating that no one lasts more than an hour and that the room itself, is evil. Mike, however, stays in room 1408.


I was so excited to see this movie. The trailer terrified me and I waited a whole month to see it (obviously). When it finally came out and I finally got to see it, I was ecstatic. It was pretty scary. It wasn't so much of a "jump out at you" scary. It was more of, the idea of it, is terrifying. There were parts of the movie that weren't as scary to me as they were to my friends, and I think that is because of the trailer. I was expecting to see things, and I was waiting for certain parts. I say, just go watch, don't wait for the parts you saw in the trailers. I loved John Cusak and Samuel L. Jackson. I think they played the parts perfectly. I would of liked to see more of Samuel L. Jackson's chracter more, and maybe explained more. The ending of the film makes it seem like you understood everything, but if you look more closely in the film and the think about certain things that you didn't notice while watching it makes the entire movie, and ending different that what you originally thought. Unless you're a smart and just caught all the little meanings and hints the first time 'round. Anyways, definitely see it, if you like the horror, and some good Stephen King things. I also suggest, if you like the movie, to read the short story of the same name by King. I would reccommend reading the story after the movie, it makes both of them even more creepy. But whichever you perfer. I think it might be best to see it in theaters, or at least on a large screen tv. It seems to be much more scary. It was a good film, I enjoyed it a lot.


Trailer.


Sincerely,
DirtyVelvet

posted by DirtyVelvet @ 3:54 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 DirtyVelvet Template by Isnaini Dot Com