DirtyVelvet

And The RentHead.
Movies, Music, TV.
Reviews and Entertainments.

 
Links
Comments

Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites Conspirators
Paris, Je T'aime
Monday, July 09, 2007


I'm not writting the plot for each segment because they are all about love, so that's the plot already.



Taglines:
-One City. 10 Million Hearts. One Love Story. One Film.
-Fall in love with Paris 18 times.


18 different films, by different directors, all about love in Paris.


As a whole, I was very pleased by this film. Many of the segments were very cute and very sweet. The ending of 'Le Marais' frustrated me greatly. It stars Gaspard Ulliel, which is why I wanted to see this film in the first part, but seriously, the ending was not cool. "Porte de Choisy" was completely ridiculous, at least to me. I didn't understand any of it. It made no sense, like there was absolutely no purpose for it's viewing. Ok, it did make sense in the beginning, but then it went into a sort of free for all. It annoyed me greatly. However, "Bastille" made up for it greatly. That segment was so beautiful. It was amazing. I held in my tears, and I still cried some. I believe that was the definition of the movie. That was the definition of love. I would see the movie over again just for that one. This segment along with others, made up for all the bad segments in this wonderful film. I recommend you see this movie just for "Bastille" if for nothign else. Also another favorite of mine was "Place des Victoires." This too, made me cry (thought not as much as "Bastille"). I thought this to also be a very beautiful short film. "Quartier de la Madeleine" was one of the many shorts that annoyed me to a great extent. It was pointless. The way the vampire walked away, it looked like her arms were dancing, but her body wasn't. It was weird. "Faubourg Saint-Denis" was also one of my favorites. I liked the visuals, it reminded me of Run Lola Run (same directer Tom Tykwer) and the script was great. The end short film was a perfect ending to the film. It wrapped everything up very nicely and all in all, I really enjoyed the movie despite the many segments which were displeasing. The good ones were so good that they overpowered the bad ones. I recommend at least renting it and giving it a shot.




Trailer:





Sincerely,
DirtyVelvet
posted by DirtyVelvet @ 9:42 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 DirtyVelvet Template by Isnaini Dot Com