DirtyVelvet

And The RentHead.
Movies, Music, TV.
Reviews and Entertainments.

 
Links
Comments

Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites Conspirators
Human Trafficking
Tuesday, November 18, 2008



Directed by
Christian Duguay

Starring
Andreas Apergis
Isabelle Blais
Robert Carlyle
Remy Girard
Mark Antony Krupa
Sarah Jeanne Labrosse
Laurence Loboeuf
Mira Sorvino
Donald Sutherland



Before I say anything here is a three minute clip about/from the movie. Please watch it.






I honestly don't even know where to begin about this topic. I remember hearing about the film when it first came out, but paid no attention to it. We know Human Trafficking exists, and before this film I didn't know to what extent.
Children has young has 4 years old, FOUR YEARS OLD are sold by their parents, or kidnapped into sexual slavery. And it is just sick. This Film tells the story, of what goes in places that we cannot see. A man sells his little girl. A mother is taken from her child by a man she trusted, a young woman wants to go to America, but with the wrong people. This film is extraordinary. Never before have I had to stop a movie in the middle because I felt sick to my stomach because of what I was seeing.
This film is so intense, it grips you from the very beginning, and does not let you go. This film is so well done, I absolutely adore Remy Girard, he is one of my absolutely favorite Quebecois Actors. I loved the fact that a lot of the film was filmed in Montreal and there were a lot of Canadian/Quebec Actors in the movie.
They were all amazing. Sarah Jeanne Labrosse who is really young and incredibly talented. Each and every performance was brilliant.
Knowing that this is going on right now in this world is deplorable. It is horrendous and shocking. And this film only shows us half of what is going on, because I am positive it is a thousand times worse. Hopefully this film will reach out to people and create awareness. Because this is definitely something that must be stopped.
McSylvs
posted by McSylvs @ 3:22 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 DirtyVelvet Template by Isnaini Dot Com