DirtyVelvet

And The RentHead.
Movies, Music, TV.
Reviews and Entertainments.

 
Links
Comments

Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites Conspirators
Miss Potter
Friday, July 27, 2007
Directed by: Chris Noonan
Taglines: -The life of Beatrix Potter is the most enchanting tale of all.


Starring:
-Renée Zellweger
-Ewan McGregor
-Bill Paterson
-Emily Watson



The life of Beatrix Potter, the author of the children books, "Peter Rabbit." (And others in that series).



Despite my dislike for Renée Zellweger, she was... ok in this movie. It was sad and sweet, but I didn't really feel for her (Beatrix Potter). I did, at times, but I feel as though it was missing something. I liked Ewan McGregor's role in the film, he was very adorable. I'm also not sure wether or not the real Beatrix Potter, actually saw her drawings move, but it wasn't as creepy as I expected it to be. There was some humour in it so, that was a bonus. It was a very well done film, kind of long but not too long. Um, I think they may have chosen the wrong person to play Beatrix Potter, but then again, as I said before Renée wasn't too bad. I did like the movie, but if I hadn't seen it, let's just say I wasn't missing out on anything remarkable. In short, if you're interested in this movie, see it. It is well done and a very good film, but I don't think it's going to be a "classic." It wasn't terribly important, though like I said before it was very sweet and... powerful, so to say, for a woman in the time period, who wasn't married to get a career such as that one and that she proved her parents wrong. So... it was a very good movie, just not a great one. That's all I really have to say.


Trailer:



Sincerely,
DirtyVelvet

posted by DirtyVelvet @ 2:59 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 DirtyVelvet Template by Isnaini Dot Com